Featured Post

This is the Most Deplorable Organization in America

This is the Most Deplorable Organization in America one of Sanger's first birth control clinics opened in Harlem in 1929. She was d...

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Protest’s Riots and 2016 Election



On November 8, 2016, we all had the opportunity to vote for the next President, some of us chose to not exercise that honor. Those of us who voted for Trump/Pence are rejoicing, those who voted for Clinton/Kaine are sad and I truly understand that sadness. As a voter since 1972, I get it when our candidate loses, it isn’t fun. We were exercising our Constitutional right to FREE elections. 

But not ONCE do I remember rioting in the streets! Nor did I protest in the streets that my candidate lost with a “NOT MY PRESIDENT” sign in my hand. 

If you want a set outcome, move to oh let’s say Venezuela or Russia at least there you will know who the winner will be. Of course, if you protest the outcome you may forfeit your life or on the brighter side; spend some private time in jail. But hey, that’s what you wanted … right?

Or you could put on your big boy/girl pants and move on. Try volunteering in your community or better yet go to work, maybe then you will have a better understanding of what it means to be a citizen of the United States of America. Or you could read the Constitution: http://constitutionus.com/

I am deeply disturbed by those people who disrupt, dishonor and destroy other people’s property or physically harm others. I watched those protests/riots in Portland and I saw people there with their children (small children) and some also brought their pets, do you not understand what tear gas can do to them? What about the flash bangs that the police deployed? Do you even care?

Enough of my “rant”, you are guaranteed the right to “peaceful protest” by the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. I think it’s inappropriate, but you still have that right. It’s like the election, the candidate you voted for did not win but I’m asking you to give President Elect Trump a chance.

What have you got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment