Featured Post

This is the Most Deplorable Organization in America

This is the Most Deplorable Organization in America one of Sanger's first birth control clinics opened in Harlem in 1929. She was d...

Monday, January 9, 2017

Meryl Streep and Hollywood Elites



By Suzie Marcy
 
Well, once again “Hollyweird” has overstepped their little “elitist” shores. They should have stuck with the craft that they know…acting.

When Meryl Streep said, “That’s why our founders enshrined the press and its freedoms in our constitution. So I only ask the famously well-heeled Hollywood foreign press and all of us in our community to join me in supporting the Committee to Protect Journalists, ’cause we’re going to need them going forward and they’ll need us to safeguard the truth.”, I had to respond.

“Amendment I Freedom of Religion, Speech, Press, Assembly, and Petition
Passed by Congress September 25, 1789. Ratified December 15, 1791. The first 10 amendments form the Bill of Rights
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
This is the First Amendment of the Constitution taken from: https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendments/amendment-i

Let’s address what Meryl Streep was referring to, mainly the freedom of the press, however, she does refer to them as the “famously well-heeled Hollywood foreign press”. I believe that the “press” has fallen in their “responsibility” to the public. They are not just reporting the “facts”, in looking back over the last 30 plus years I am disheartened & sorrowful as to the extent that the “press” has ONLY reported what “they” believe “we the people” need to know. So much for being “responsible”. 

Now on to the rest of her diatribe and I quote, “all of us in our community to join me in supporting the Committee to Protect Journalists”. So now the Hollywood Elites are going to “help” protect journalists? I’m sorry, that really irritated me to the core. I don’t trust the “mainstream media” (press) and I especially don’t trust “Elitists” to have my or my countries best interests at heart. They care only about themselves or their “pet” causes of the month.
Some, not all, don’t care about the millions of people who voted for the soon to be POTUS Donald J Trump. I’m one of them and I don’t consider myself or President Elect Trump to be “violent” or “disrespectful” of others. I AM angry and I AM ready to have someone help me and others like myself be heard. 

I am not a politician, actor, famous or any of the other reasons that would give me a platform that would be heard by millions around the world. But, I am an American citizen with a background graced by a wonderful heritage, I have read the Constitution of the United States and I have been blessed to come from a LONG line of American soldiers from before the Civil War (where I had family that fought on both sides, literally brother against brother) and my husband of 25years is a combat veteran who fought in Vietnam (he is disabled from his heroic service) and he too is from a very long line of veterans, all the way back to the American Revolution.

So, with all that history, I believe I too have a right to have my voice heard and the POTUS is who I look to and our other elected officials (whether I voted for them or not), to speak on my behalf.

She has a right to speak her mind, but when she is receiving an award that is nationally and internationally seen and she chooses to insinuate that our POTUS does not meet her standards or those of the ELITIST’S in Hollywood or the famously well-heeled Hollywood foreign press”, it makes me even angrier. 

Now, I have always liked her “acting” ability, but I could care less what her “well known” political left leaning liberal crap means to her. It’s crap and has damaged MILLIONS of hardworking people in the US and she along with her liberal buddies have dissed for more than 30 years!

Go back to acting. Ronald Reagan, you are NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment